CASA Friends are a group of individuals that love the neglected, victimized and traumatized children of our community. They may never meet, touch or hug these children. So they love them by acts of service.
Unlike the role of a CASA volunteer advocate, members of CASA Friends are not assigned to a child’s case, but serve in a support role to the Advocates, the children and the staff of Big Country CASA.
Being a CASA Friend is very flexible and not time consuming. Each CASA Friend chooses which areas they are interested in serving. Based on their time commitments, the member could serve for 3 hours per year, or 1 – 2 hours a month! They set their own path and that is the beauty of CASA Friends!
Opportunities to serve include:
- Advocate Support & Training – these teams serve our advocates on a rotating basis. They are the faces of gratitude and commitment to the advocates.
- Special Events & Community Outreach – these teams serve for special events such as Business Expo, outreach events and special events.
- Recruitment of new Advocates – help raise awareness, recruit new volunteers and support them in their journey
- CASA Cooks – these teams provide home baked and prepared treats for the children, Advocates, various events and staff appreciation.
- Administrative Office Assistance – these teams assist office personnel on an as-needed basis as well as for special projects.
- Providing Physical Needs – providing items such as clothing, coats, shoes, diapers and even furniture to help meet the physical needs of our children in foster care.
- Superhero Fun Run – over 500 runners, 100 volunteers and staff participate in our annual Fun Run. This is our major fundraising event and it’s “all hands on deck” for this fun event!
- Volunteer Appreciation – each fall, CASA Friends and Board of Directors host an annual Volunteer Appreciation event. It’s the one time we gather all of our volunteers, staff and board together to say “thank you” and hear the highlights of the year and to acknowledge the year’s accomplishments with awards and marvelous food.
- Making Connections – just letting your people get to know about our people! Looking for opportunities for us to share our mission with your civic, church or professional groups.
- Your Circle of Influence – CASA Friends are invaluable in raising awareness within their “circle of influence”. It’s a fact that friends trust friends so help us by sharing with your friends and looking for opportunities for us to share!
“Give your hands to service and your hearts to love.”
– Mother Teresa
Contact Mari Kay Morrison for more information: